DESCRIPTION: The Maxim Series is a window operating “system” where the hinges and operators are developed to work together to meet or exceed the “maximum” performance requirements of larger more versatile casement and awning windows.
HANDLE & COVER OPTIONS: High-pressure die-cast zinc operator housing, crank handle and knob. Hardened steel drive worm and gear. 300 series stainless steel packages are available for most models.
The Maxim Operators are available with a unique combination of aesthetic options.
- Standard is Maxim’s zinc die-cast case and handle. Each of which are available in a wide variety of standard and plated finishes.
- An optional Folding Handle can be added to minimize interference with window treatments, and a plastic nesting cover designed to cradle Truth’s Folding Handle is also available.
- The uniqueness of this Folding Handle and Nesting Cover combination is such that it allows the homeowner to easily change the color of their window hardware after the windows have been installed in the home.
The Maxim Operator’s streamlined design helps:
- Reduce water/air infiltration and eliminates need for caulking.
- Minimize mounting surface damage in punching or routing of operator cut-out.
- Create a more stable mounting surface and improves seal endurance with its overlapping lip design.
- Enclosed gear train keeps dirt and construction debris out of the operator for smoother operation and longer life.
STANDARDIZATION OF PRODUCT & PROCESSES
- Allows manufacturer to use same operator mounting location on every window size whether it be a small window with a dyad operator or a larger window with a dual arm, thus helping to reduce manufacturing and inventory costs.
- Dual arm is specially designed to support both washability and egress applications while mounted in a consistent location.
- Brackets and track have been standardized and include features designed to reduce installation time.
SMOOTH & EFFICIENT
- 33% less effort to operate than EntryGard style operators
- Provides “Maxim-size” large window operation
- Allows larger applications to meet ADA requirements
- Certified to meet AAMA 901-07 cycle test at commercial rating
- Based on application, the Maxim and Encore systems provide reduced sash play – thus reducing the tendency of the window to “walk” in buffeting wind conditions when compared to EntryGard® and similar style operators.
- Time proven design.
LOW PROFILE AND REAR MOUNT OPERATOR STYLES AVAILABLE
Designed to fit a wider range of profiles and window types, Truth’s Maxim Operators design options greatly increase the mounting stability of the system.
While sill mounting is standard, dual- axis mounting (sill and rear mounting in same operator) is available on certain models for companies manufacturing both wood & vinyl windows. Other benefits include:
- Easily mounts to thin wall profiles such as fiberglass, aluminum, and steel
- Increases gasket compression resulting in enhanced water and air tightness on rear mount.
PRODUCT APPLICATION ASSISTANCE:
If you are designing a new window profile, or are having difficulty selecting hardware for your window, please contact Truth. Our highly trained Technical Service Staff can assist you with the selection of the appropriate hardware to meet your performance requirements, as well as providing personalized application drawings.
Have you considered personalizing your window? Contact Truth for further details on how you can add your own “signature” to the Maxim handle and cover.